Friday, June 24, 2016

My Favourite Things About Summer

Summer is here! And I'm bored to death already! So I'm going to attempt to write a blog post about what I love about this season of--
Summer, and sun, and all things hot...

Mr. Darcy, don't look so offended. It's only Olaf. 

1. I'm not stressed out about all the things I need to do because I don't have anything to do!

2. I can read all day if I want. 
This is, of course, because of number 1. If I don't have to do anything all day, then I can read all day!

3. I can go barefoot all the time--even outside.
(Rae! What a scandalous picture! 
Oh, hush, Rae. Can you think of a better picture to put?)

4. I can watch Pride and Prejudice without having to worry about school. (In fact, I'm partway through episode 3 currently...)
"Only that far? And you could actually bring yourself to stop watching before you got to me? Outrageous. I am most seriously displeased."
Yes, well, Lady Catherine, you must understand--well, actually, you're right. I should go finish watching. Just let me finish this blog post?

5. I can sleep in. 
Again, nothing to do, no school--I can sleep in! I even took a nap the other day and I never take naps. I think that shows how bored and "I-have-nothing-to-do" I was. 

6. It's green.  Let me demonstrate with a picture I took near our house about a year ago:
I know everything is green in Spring and we all love that, but, at least where I live, it's even greener in Summer. Or, rather, it's a deeper, richer green.

7. I know I indirectly mentioned this a couple of times, but let me officially say:

My 8th reason for loving Summer--
"...which, perhaps, I should have mentioned first..."
Is that I have more time for blogging! If I can but think of more topics, then I'll have plenty of time to write them out! :)

What are your favourite things about Summer? Are any of them things on my list?

6 comments:

  1. *chuckle* This was a fun post, Rae. "Mr. Darcy, don't look so offended. It's only Olaf." Hahaha. :D

    I liked all your points. Of course my summers aren't that must different from my winters now that I'm out of school, but still! Going barefoot outside, whenever I want to?!! Yes, yes! It's so nice not to have to bother with shoes. And reading and watching movies and sleeping in. I love all those activities. ;)

    The pictures you included in this post were quite fun. And your little talk with Lady Catherine made me smile. As for that quote from Mr. Collins--"...which, perhaps, I should have mentioned first..."--that was PERFECT! Haha!! :D

    I hope you have a wonderful, wonderful summer, Rae!! :D

    ~Miss March

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Miss March! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I hope you have a wonderful summer as well!

      Delete
  2. Oh dear, I hope you aren't chronically bored!
    Heehee, a scandalous picture indeed!
    Really cute post! All the pictures were perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely post dear Rae! I love summer! :D

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I highly enjoy each comment! Just keep it clean and respectful. I do moderate, but as long as it's clean and respectful I should publish it within a short amount of time. Thank you!
Be sure to click "Notify Me" in the bottom-right corner of the comment box; I always reply to comments!
(I also do not mind comments on old posts at all! They are welcome!)