Muahahaha...This is going to be fun! I homeschool and I love Anne of Green Gables (the book, mostly, but the movie is good too. :)
1. You look up from reading your book in the morning and realise...you should have started school ten minutes ago!
2. You open your Algebra and see what you have to do today. (This is seriously accurate. :)
3. When your sibling is trying to get your attention--and distract you from your schoolwork--and you must focus.
4. When your mom says you're going to go to town (or somewhere else) and so you don't have to do school for the rest of the day. Anne and Diana, my siblings. Gilbert is me because I am not going out, I am going to do school. :)
5. This happens often enough during school time around here...just with notebooks or textbooks, not slates. (Okay, so when it's textbooks we only pretend to smash it hard.)
6. When someone you thought was your friend makes fun of homeschoolers...and they know you're homeschooled.
7. When you and your (public schooled) friends are arguing about homeschool and you win the argument by pointing out that you've homeschooled for many years and they've never homeschooled and so you would know, not they. (This has happened to me before.)
8. When you tell a half-truth (about something school related, such as that pineapples grow on trees :) to one of your siblings and wink at another of your siblings about to correct you so they will know you're "joking".
9. When someone says homeschoolers aren't socialized and you want to react like this,
but you are socialized and civilized so you react like this:
10. When you find out someone else is homeschooled too, and they understand.
I hope you all enjoyed it!
Are you homeschooled? Do you like Anne of Green Gables? Or both? Could you relate to this post?