Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Jane Austen "Would You Rather" from "Write On, Cordy!"

Cordy at Write On, Cordy! has a game and here are my answers! I love Jane Austen, so this is fun!
To play the game, you can go here.
Here goes:

Who would you rather have act as your matchmaker, Lady Russell (from Persuasion) or Mrs. Jennings?
-I think I'd have to go with Mrs. Jennings because she bases her matches off supposed--or real--attraction, where Lady Russell was all about connection and equality. I wouldn't like Mrs. Jennings' constant teasing, though...I really hate to be teased about things like that. 
Who would you like as a pen pal from Jane Austen's works?
-I'd like to exchange letters with Marianne Dashwood, because I feel like it would be amusing. Haha.

Who would you rather go on a walk with, Colonel Fitzwilliam or Captain Benwick?
-Probably Captain Benwick because I feel like I wouldn't have to keep up a friendly chat and it would be okay to say serious things as well as be quiet.
Who would you rather have to befriend, Mrs. Elton or Lucy Steele?
-Ack! I can't stand either of them! Oh, dear, perhaps Lucy Steele because I would not feel as strongly an urge to slap her. Well, maybe I would. But I think she has a little more sense and so I could be just as falsely polite as she and she would actually notice that I was inwardly seething, so it would have some affect on her. Mrs. Elton doesn't even notice anyone but herself.
Who would you rather have as a sibling, John Knightley or Mary (from Persuasion, not Mary Bennet)?
-John Knightley. He cracks me up with his grumpiness. :)
Who would you rather dance with? (Very open book!)
-I would like to dance with Mr. Tilney, because he has a very delightful way of making conversation. 
"Now I must give one smirk, and then we may be rational again."

Who would you rather refuse, Mr. Collins or Mr. Elton?
-Eehhhmmm...Probably Mr. Elton, because he knows what "no" means.Who would you rather match-make for, Miss Bates or Mary Bennet?
-Mary Bennet; I feel kind of bad for her and actually I feel that there are some single men in literature that she might be good for...Can't think who, but there's someone.
Who would you rather have as a best friend?
-Probably Elizabeth Bennet.
Who would you rather argue with? (Mrs. Bennet, Lady Catherine, Emma Woodhouse, Mr. Woodhouse, Mr. Palmer, Mrs. Jennings, Fanny Dashwood, Captain Wentworth, Mr. Darcy, ect.) 
-Maybe Lady Catherine because I feel like I'd start laughing at her shock at my boldness in arguing with her, and then she'd be even more shocked. And then I'd just imitate her--"I am most seriously displeased." "Obstinate, headstrong girl!" etc. (I can already say those things very well. :) And she'd probably have a heart attack--okay, so maybe that wouldn't be good. But I have a terrible sneaking suspicion that I would love to shock old ladies if I were brave enough. :D

Would you rather wander the grounds of Pemberly and risk being 'discovered' or wander over the downs surrounding Barton Cottage in the rain and twist an ankle?
-Oh, Barton Cottage for sure. A twisted ankle is better than my rejected suitor seeing me at his house *shudder*. Where would you live in Austen's works?
Probably Longbourne. It seems like a happy medium; not too poor, not too rich. You know?

Thanks for the fun, Cordy! 

4 comments:

  1. Aha! I loved your answers, Rae!! It looks like you really had a fun time with the game and that was what I was hoping for! Your choice of Lady Catherine is an excellent one. :D And ten times rather twist an ankle!! Not so embarrassing by far!!!!
    Thanks for playing and you're most welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! Excellent answer, Rae! I really enjoyed reading them1

    Good point about Mrs. Jennings. She does base her matches off of real (or supposed) attraction rather than just social position. But, yes, her teasing would be AWKWARD.

    Hmm...I like what you said about Captain Benwick. Hadn't thought about it that way before.

    Oh, and what you said about Lucy Steele, too. That's true, at least with her you'd have the satisfaction of knowing that your telegraphed dislike was not totally unobserved or unfelt. Haha.

    And Henry Tilney! Aww. I like that gif you included.

    Oh! You picked Longbourn, too! It really would be a nice place to live, wouldn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed reading this! I enjoyed reading your answers, too!

      Delete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I highly enjoy each comment! Just keep it clean and respectful. I do moderate, but as long as it's clean and respectful I should publish it within a short amount of time. Thank you!
Be sure to click "Notify Me" in the bottom-right corner of the comment box; I always reply to comments!
(I also do not mind comments on old posts at all! They are welcome!)