Monday, March 21, 2016

A Golden Picnic Tag

Over at my other blog, I'm having a "Golden Picnic" to celebrate Spring! Here are my answers to my questions!





1. "What a lot of elephant's ears," exclaimed Diana. "I'm going to pick a big bunch, they're so pretty." 
"How did such graceful feathery things ever come to have such a dreadful name?" asked Priscilla.
Have you thought what Priscilla thought? What is something you love but hate the name thereof?
-Okay, this is somewhat difficult. Let me see...Why are hostas called that? I think hostas are lovely flowers, but with a not-so-lovely name. 


Perhaps this does not do justice to L. M. Montgomery's description...but it might come close.
2. "Oh, girls, look at that!" 
"That" was a shallow woodland pool in the center of a little open glade where the path ended. ...it was a glimmering placid sheet, round as a saucer and clear as crystal. A ring of slender young birches encircled it and little ferns fringed its margin.
..."Well, we must name this place before we leave it...Everybody suggest a name and we'll draw lots"
The names suggested were:
Birch Pool (Diana),
Crystal Lake (Jane),
Glimmer-glass (Priscilla), and
The Fairies' Mirror (Anne)
Which name would you choose for this lovely dimple of water? One of these? Your own name? (It ended up being called Crystal Lake.)
-I am no good at coming up with names. I think I'd have to go with Anne's "The Fairies' Mirror"

3. "I wish there really were fairies," said Jane. "Wouldn't it be nice to have three wishes granted you...or even only one? What would you wish for, girls, if you could have a wish granted?" 
-Ooohh...I don't know. Hmm. Perhaps always being able to have whichever book I wished. 

4. "I wonder what a soul...a person's soul...would look like." said Priscilla dreamily.
..."I read somewhere once that souls were like flowers," said Priscilla.
If your soul was a flower, what do you think it would be? 
-I think of a violet. But not "a white violet, with purple streaks in its heart," like Priscilla said Anne's was, but a deep purple violet with a touch of yellow at the center.

5. What is your favourite thing about Spring? You can choose as many favourites as you need; I understand how hard it could be to choose a favourite.
-Warmth, warm rain, flowers, green, Easter...

6. Do you have a favourite kind of flower? What is it, if so?
-No, I don't know if I have a favourite. I suppose if I had to choose a favourite it would be a rose.

7. Do you prefer rain or sunshine?
-Both, at the same time. 

8. Is Spring your favourite season? Why or why not?
-Yes. It's just so beautiful! 

9. Is it Spring where you live?
-Ye-ess...I guess so. It was really warm up until the first day of Spring yesterday, and then it got cold, but it's going to warm up again and varying temperatures is just part of Spring. Thank goodness it's not snowing!

10. Do you like what season you were born in? Do you wish you were born in Spring or some other season?
-I was born in Spring, for which I am eternally grateful. :)

I had a lovely time doing this, and you can play too! Just go over to "A Golden Picnic" at my other blog, and see instructions! Anyone can play!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I highly enjoy each comment! Just keep it clean and respectful. I do moderate, but as long as it's clean and respectful I should publish it within a short amount of time. Thank you!
Be sure to click "Notify Me" in the bottom-right corner of the comment box; I always reply to comments!
(I also do not mind comments on old posts at all! They are welcome!)