Friday, May 13, 2016

My Reactions to Algebra (in Period Drama GIFs)

This year I'm taking Algebra II (my last required Mathematics class, thankfully), but of course I'm super behind because I hate Algebra and have done less than I should have every day this school year, so now I'm paying for it. Four hours of Algebra. Per day. 
In case you had any doubts, the GIFs are NOT going to be like this:
(Unless, of course, it's more like Gilbert's face. But not that mild.)

Here goes: 
(Also: I realise you might like Algebra. I'm sure there's something you don't like, so if you want to relate, just think of that. :)

Well, first of all, this is how I feel pretty much the whole time.
"Such tremblings and flutterings all over!"

Well, I, too, feel like I'm drowning at times. (No, no, I know that's not what it's supposed to be. Whatever.)  But his face and deep breathing remind me of when I've just worked through a problem and I'm about to check it to see if it's correct. Deep breaths, Rae. You've...got this! Really! (Ahem. Not.)

If I get it wrong:
This is how I feel minus the smile. Anguished tears, not happy tears. 

And if I get it right...
Fortunately, this happens more than 50% of the time...


When I get yet another question wrong and I just don't have enough energy to get frustrated anymore because I used it all figuring the problem--wrong.

These crying GIFs are always so accurate. 


But there are times when I have to watch a bunch of videos (I do Khan Academy) about trigonometric functions (or whatever; today that's what it was) all in a row without stopping and I almost fall asleep. 
Minus the almost-smile at the end, plus eyes closing.


Anyway, there you go. Perhaps you can relate, especially with finals. This was a fun diversion after enduring such arduousness today. 
(Also, if you want more of this type of thing, see my Homeschool described in Anne of Green Gables GIFs post. :)

13 comments:

  1. Oh! I love these kind of posts! I saw it come in on my dashboard and got all excited and had to pop over right away and check it out!! :D

    Haha. That one of Roger. It certainly looks like he's facing a very daunting task, and that fits perfectly with such a subject as Algebra, doesn't it? ;)

    Oh! And that one of Mr. Darcy. Perfection! I can FEEL your weariness over getting yet ANOTHER problem wrong. -sigh-

    Aww. Poor Rae. All those tears. :/ Love that yawn at the end, though!! Haha.

    Good luck with your studies, my dear! And, whew! Am I ever glad I'm done with school. Four hours of Algebra a day?! *shudders*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it!
      (Just so you know, I rarely actually cry. I just moan and make sobbing sounds but it's more frustration than grief. :)
      It's simply awful doing 4 hours a day. I actually have 4 1/2 hours in my schedule, but I wasn't able to handle that yesterday (and before yesterday it was only 3 1/2). I'm glad I'm almost done with school! Well, high school anyway. It's off to college next...

      Delete
  2. This post was PERFECT! I'm taking Algebra 2 too, and heartily dislike it. I've never liked math at all. And four hours per day sounds treacherous! All of the gifs fit so well, I can't even pick a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you, Abby!
      You know my pain! Haha. I wish you the best of luck with that odious subject. :)

      Delete
  3. I wholeheartedly agree! Although I can't do maths full stop. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I can do some bits, like times tables and all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same. I am so bad at Math(s) I'm just glad I can use a calculator. But that's why I'm so behind--because I'm not good at it and I hate it so I didn't do as much as I should. :)
      I'm glad you agree. It's nice to have sympathy. :)

      Delete
  5. I can relate. I mean, algebra is okay, but tbh, there are always many other things I'd rather be doing than, y'know, math...so I can definitely relate to many of the GIFs and things you said in the post, haha.

    Iris
    http://getupandoutblog.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same, girl. Same. Though I don't have to do FOUR HOURS PER DAY!!!! Wow. I'm impressed you're, like, still alive after such atrocities! Seriously, though :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks. It was terrible, and I'm somewhat surprised that I survived it, too, but fortunately it was mainly just that week that I had to do 3 1/2-4 hours a day! Now it's down to 1-2 1/2 hours.

      Delete
  7. This is far, far too accurate:) I'm also ridiculously behind in my math (like, a year) and I can't remember any of the algebra I did three years ago. So yes, the Mrs. Bennet in hysterics is a pretty accurate representation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too true! We commiserate. :) Thanks for your comment!

      Delete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I highly enjoy each comment! Just keep it clean and respectful. I do moderate, but as long as it's clean and respectful I should publish it within a short amount of time. Thank you!
Be sure to click "Notify Me" in the bottom-right corner of the comment box; I always reply to comments!
(I also do not mind comments on old posts at all! They are welcome!)