Friday, January 8, 2016

Pride and Prejudice: "My Face When"

If you've watched the BBC 1995 Pride and Prejudice, you've noticed the great facial expressions the actors have at certain points in the movie. And if you're like me, you can relate to most of them. (Note: Even if you haven't seen P&P, you should still be able to appreciate this post. :)
I've identified a few of my favourite expressions and when my face looks like that. A few are about homeschooling, a few are about church-related things, and a few are things I'm sure everyone relates to. Here you go. 
My face when someone says they love Pride and Prejudice.

My face when I make a sly hint to my friend about her crush. 

My face when I realise I really shouldn't have said that.

My face when I'm doing algebra.

My face when I'm saying goodbye to my friends 

My face when one of my parents starts talking about their mission...again.

My face when one of my siblings gets permission for something I wasn't allowed to do.

My face when my siblings are in trouble and I was not involved.

My face when I'm forced to listen to someone's boring description of their weekend.
My face when I'm defending homeschool after someone insults it.
My face when I volunteer my friend for something
My face after I've stayed up late finishing something--and then I have to get up at 5:30 for Bible study in the morning.
My face when someone says something funny and only I get it. 

My face when my siblings are arguing over something completely pointless again.

My face when someone insults homeschoolers, Mormons, or flutists.

My face when one of my siblings says something they shouldn't...in public.

My face when I'm trying to get my sister's/friend's attention in church.

My face when I meet someone I don't like and I have to pretend I like them.
My face when someone says they don't like chocolate.

My face before a dance..."Are we ready for this?"

My face when one of my siblings offers to do my chores for me (my face very, very rarely looks like this :)

My face when someone calls Pride and Prejudice boring...and they haven't even read it.

Me and my group of friends when our other friend asks her crush to dance at a dance.

My face when I'm finished with school, a project, or anything of the sort. 

My face now that this is over, waiting to see if anyone liked it. 
I hope you did. :) 



17 comments:

  1. This is very good!! :-D
    I'm new to your blog and I think its great to find a fellow Pride and prejudice fan, especially one from the 1995 adaptation :D
    ~Evie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evie,
    I'm so glad you liked it! And I love that you like Pride and Prejudice, too! I love it when other people live P&P (Insert the first picture of Mrs. Bennet here :) Feel free to follow my blog if you haven't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rae,
      No worries at all! XD I have followed now and am looking forward to more posts!

      Delete
  3. These are so hilariously accurate!! ;D Thanks for sharing... I'll definitely be sending this to some of my P&P 1995 fan friends. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it! Feel free to follow and share!

      Delete
  4. Wow!! I had to go around showing this to my siblings. It is so funny! I really enjoyed it. Can't stop looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so awesome! I'm glad you liked it and I hope your siblings enjoyed it as well. :) Feel free to follow my blog and share this post!

      Delete
  5. Rae, I know this is an old post, but this is HILARIOUS!! I loved it!:)

    ~Rilla Blythe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you liked it!
      And I am so completely fine with comments on old posts. Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  6. Rae! THIS WAS HILARIOUS! I LOVE this idea for a post! It's amazing how many different expressions there are in Pride and Prejudice!

    Oh my goodness! These were all so funny! But I just have to highlight a few that REALLY made me laugh inside.
    1. Your look when your "parents start talking about their mission...again."
    2. When your siblings get permission for something you weren't allowed to do!
    3. When your siblings are in trouble and you weren't involved.
    4. When you're forced to listen to someone's boring account of their weekend.
    5. When your siblings say something they shouldn't in public.
    HAHAHAHAHA! SO SPOT ON! The expressions you chose were PERFECT!

    Great post, Rae!!

    ~Miss March

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it! :) It was so fun.

      Delete
  7. I liked it very much indeed ;) The one of Mrs. Bennet's half-winking, half-grimacing expression! xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm so glad you liked it! Really, Mrs. Bennet has the best facial expressions...

      Delete
  8. Oh my goodness!!! I COULD NOT STOP LAUGHING!!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS POST!!! And I totally agree with EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.
    ~E

    scribblingpencils.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm the oldest of 5 girls and we LOVE the Pride movies. When we had a couple Sister's weekends, we would watch part of the BBC VERSION. I watched it so much, I started using their vocabulary! I love your post most ardently! One of my sisters found your post and shared with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't P&P the best? And I know what you mean about the vocabulary; I picked up the vocab and accent after watching Jane Austen and other BBC movies a few times!
      I'm so glad you enjoyed this!

      Delete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I highly enjoy each comment! Just keep it clean and respectful. I do moderate, but as long as it's clean and respectful I should publish it within a short amount of time. Thank you!
Be sure to click "Notify Me" in the bottom-right corner of the comment box; I always reply to comments!
(I also do not mind comments on old posts at all! They are welcome!)