Monday, May 15, 2017

Two Tags + I think Rae is sane again (for now)

(And Rae is also still terrible at titles.)
(Because Arthur Clennam tipping his hat, why not?)
Hello, hello, lovely people. I am finished with school, and I've had a couple days to relax before life gets crazy again. 
First of all, I just have to say, I have so many perfectly lovely followers. I love you all. Your comments on my last awfully insane post were all so sweet! I apologize again for the mess that was. I believe I have recovered from that. 😆

Now I have a couple tags, and if those don't give you enough random details about my life lately, or if they don't make a ridiculously long post, I'll give you some random tidbits (like I began to attempt last time). 

So...To begin. 

The Four Fictional Characters Tag
Thank you for tagging me, Cordy

The Rules:
1. Link back to the person who tagged you
2. List four fictional characters (use pictures if you want! They can be from movies or books) and, if you like, describe what they're like and why you believe they relate to you
3. Tag a few other blog people! Three, or four, or even twenty. :) Share the fun!
Be sure to let them know you've tagged them!

Well, 1 is done. On to 2:

1. Jo March (Little Women)

I always used to feel like I was a lot like Jo. I have three sisters, and when we'd try to figure out who was most like whom, I was always Jo. I'm not as much like Jo now as I always felt I was then (this was years ago) but some reasons are:
-We both like to write.
-We were both tomboy-ish (I have become less so, but I was rather)
-We're both very "obstinate, headstrong girls"--
"Hey, that's my quote! Did you just allude outside of the literary work you were discussing?"
Yes, I did. Hush.
-We both have a strong desire for independence. 

2. Polly Milton (An Old-Fashioned Girl)
(Yes, that's two Alcott in a row. H'm.)
Well, the obvious reason is that I'm a rather old-fashioned sort of girl. But there's a little more.
Polly never really fit in. Her old-fashioned morals kept her from doing so. I can relate to that a lot. I have pretty high moral standards for today's age, and it's made it difficult to "fit in" sometimes. 
But the other part is, Polly created her own world that made people want to fit into hers, which is beautiful. She found the people that could fit in with her, instead of trying to fit in with others. 
I've found good friends (including so many of you lovely people reading this) and we all fit together and keep our high standards.
(P. S. If you haven't read An Old-Fashioned Girl DO SO NOW. Thank you. Good day.)

3. Anne Shirley
It was coming, wasn't it? What can I say.
I always related to Anne. We both have vivid imaginations that can take us out of reality a bit too far. We both like writing, but that isn't the main focus for either of us, though it has been at times. She is good with children, so am I. She's in love with Gilbert Blythe, so am--well, I like him A LOT anyway. 
(Okay so now I'm remembering, I'm pretty sure I've given a description of why Anne and I are similar before, in another tag. Cause last time, I said "And we both like Gilbert Blythe" or something. H'm.)
We're both ambitious and focused on education. 
We both have a quick, hot temper and you bet I would have gotten as mad as she at Gilbert and Mrs. Lynde when they said that stuff. 

4. Lady Catherine De Bourgh

(This a joke, you think. Rae isn't saying she's like Lady Catherine. It can't be.)
(Why ever not? I am Lady Catherine De Bourgh.)
(Yes, we know, you say. That's the problem.)
(Well indeed it is true! She is indeed saying she is like me!)

Well, what can I say? Sometimes I can sound very remarkably like her. My Lady Catherine impression is actually quite impressive--almost as impressive as the lady herself. (Ha, ha, 'twas a joke, Lady Catherine, relax.)
Also, I like telling people what to do. And sitting so much that it shocks people to see me walk (another joke; I am very fond of walking). And also putting Mr. Collins in his place. I love it when she does that.
(So, yes, my dears, that last was a joke. But I adore Lady Catherine.)
(I am quite put out.)

Well, that was good fun. Thanks so much for tagging me, Cordy! 
I tag:
(Sorry if you've already been tagged; don't expect me to keep track of that. I'll not tag you if Cordy did, but other than that--)
 And whoever else wants, to, PLEASE feel free to say I tagged you! Have fun!
(Also, y'all, I'm not commenting to tell you I've tagged you; I'm too lazy. I think y'all all read my blog at least sometimes...So if you read this, you get tagged; if not, sorry... :/)


The next tag:

Farm Lassie tagged me for the Liebster Award! I've been tagged for this before, but the questions are different every time, so I'm doing it again! Thank you so much for tagging me!

The rules:
Link back to the person who tagged you
Answer the eleven questions
Tag eleven bloggers and let them know
Ask your tagged bloggers eleven questions

Farm Lassie's Questions

1. What is your favorite type of weather?

-Ooh, I'd have to say about 70 degrees (FAHRENHEIT, y'all non-Americans don't freak out!) And sunny. Like, nice Spring weather.
2. What is your favorite music genre?
-Maybe showtunes (songs from musicals), Disney songs, or classical music.

3. Hard candy or gummy candy?
-That's a fun question! I'll say gummy. I don't have patience for hard candy.

4. What is your favorite color?
-Purple.
(Photo by me, last summer, and it has appeared on my blog before. As, umm, is the case with both the previous two.)
5. Tolkein or C.S. Lewis?
-I've read a little of both, and I'd have to sayyyy...
What kind of a question is that?
It's also been a while since I've read either of them. Hmmm...
C. S. Lewis
6. What is your favorite period drama film?
-A few of you will be able to answer this right away. 
Pride and Prejudice 1995!!!

7. Do you have a carefree or work-filled summer ahead?
-Well, not exactly "work"-filled, but definitely very busy!! Not carefree. Sadly.

8. If you could choose any country to go, where would it be?
-England! No, Canada, P.E.I. Ummm...England. Bath, Jane Austen country. 
The Circus, Bath, UK. I can picture Anne from Persuasion running down this street here!!!:
9. Would you rather go by horse-drawn wagon, boat, train or plane?
-Wait, to the said country, or in general? I've always wanted to ride in a horse-drawn wagon, but a plane is most practical for going to England.
10. What is your favorite sea animal?
-Ummm, a seahorse.
11. What do you pull out of the fridge when you're feeling down (comfort food)?
-My favourite comfort food is chocolate but I don't keep it in the fridge. Does that count?

Thanks so much for the tag! 
I'm out of time now. Have a lovely week, y'all!

19 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to have to steal the first tag there... It would be really fun!!
    I was already tagged for the second tag. ;)
    Love this post a lot, Rae!!

    - Lilly Shyree (alillyingodsgarden.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! (Actually you may have already by now...I haven't checked my reading list in a while. :)
      Thanks for your comment, Lilly!

      Delete
  2. I like these whether I'm tagged or untagged, so I'm going to do this in the comments since I like reading everyone else's. Also, An Old-Fashioned Girl. YESSS! People overlook this! Tom and Polly have one of my favorite love scenes. I LOVE Tom. I'm not sure how many (if any) other people I've heard mention this book. I found in my grandparents' library ages ago (and they let me have the copy when they moved!).

    1. What is your favorite type of weather?
    Warm and softly sunny around 70.

    2. What is your favorite music genre?
    Folk.

    3. Hard candy or gummy candy?
    I usually have hard candy, but I think I prefer gummy often. I guess it depends. I prefer hard caramel (I pronounce it carmel).

    4. What is your favorite color?
    Medium purples, like lavenders and lilacs and sea and teal greens.

    5. Tolkein or C.S. Lewis?
    C.S. Lewis. Tolkein had great concepts but poor execution.

    6. What is your favorite period drama film?
    The Inheritance.

    7. Do you have a carefree or work-filled summer ahead?
    Um, it wouldn’t be care-free with or without work, a necessary evil :/

    8. If you could choose any country to go, where would it be?
    England. So, stereotyped, I know, but I’d always have in bugging me at the back of my mind if I went anywhere else first.

    9. Would you rather go by horse-drawn wagon, boat, train or plane?
    Train. The first would be tediously slow, the second and fourth would be nauseating and scary.

    10. What is your favorite sea animal?
    Dolphin.

    11. What do you pull out of the fridge when you're feeling down (comfort food)?
    Whole milk.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, yes, I LOVE An Old-Fashioned Girl but it is rather overlooked! So happy to meet someone else who loves it!! (And yes, Polly and Tom are the cutest!!)

      And I lover reading your answers to the tag!! Hope you had fun!

      Thanks so much for your comment, Livia Rachelle!

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for doing the tag!

    The transportation one was in general, not to said country. I'll have to agree, a plane is a lot more conducive to go to England in.

    And I don't mind that you don't keep your comfort food in the fridge. I'm one of those weirdos that does keep chocolate in the fridge (for some reason, my chocolate gets really soft when it's not and I don't like that).

    Farm Lassie (Catherine)
    frugallyfancyfarmlass.blogspot.com
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for tagging me!!

      Okay, that makes sense. Horse and buggy at least once in my life would be so fun!

      Hahaha, that makes sense! I suppose in the summer I should keep it in the fridge... but then, melty chocolate is good too...

      Thanks for your comment!!

      Delete
  4. Eeek! This was great fun indeed! Your answers to Cordy's tag were splendid!! LADY CATHERINE THOUGH!! Mwahaha. Didn't see that one coming. *grins profusely* And the pictures you used. "Well indeed it is true! She is indeed saying she is like me!" Hahaha. That was great. That final look she gives you when you say you were only joking though. That was perfection! :D

    Ahem. But enough about Lady Catherine. ;) All your other picks were great, too. Jo and Polly and Anne. Great characters all three! <3

    I hope you have a lovely, LOVELY summer, Rae!! Even amidst all the craziness. Love ya! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY you liked the Lady Catherine!! :D :D Hahaha. I had so much fun with that... I was tired of thinking. :p

      Thanks so much, Miss March!! You have a marvellous summer as well!! Love ya too!

      Delete
  5. Your posts are always such fun to read, Rae, and this one was no exception!

    YES to all of the countries that you said you would like to visit! Especially Prince Edward Island--I absolutely must visit that beautiful place someday.

    Thanks for the tag! I shall try and get around to doing it soon-ish. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, Molly!

      And yes, I would absolutely love to go to P.E.I! Someday.

      And no worries; I look forward to reading it when-ever you get around to it!

      Delete
  6. SO BASICALLY I SHOULD BE IN JAIL FOR THE ATROCIOUS CRIME I HAVE COMMITED IN FORGETTING TO COMMENT!!!!!!!!!
    MY DARLING RAE, COULD YOU EEEVER FIND IT IN THE GOODNESS OF YOUR HEART TO FORGIVE ME?????!?!!?!?!!????

    I would go through and comments on everything in this post- BUT I'M LAZY and I'm about to run downstairs to a party with my little sisters so I can escape doing math.
    I MISS YOUR POSTS DARLING, but even so, please don't stress yourself about posting a lot. A blog can either be a whole ton of fun or a whole ton of gray hairs!! And as much fun as it would be to be an old woman and as such get away with ANYTHING, I think you shouldn't worry too much about us.

    THOSE A MARVELOUS PHOTOS BY THE WAY!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MY DEAR CHILD CALM YOURSELF, IT'S TOTALLY 150% OKAY!!!!!! I am often veryvery late in commenting, it's no problem!!! I would forgive you in a 1000th of a second if there was anything to forgive!!!
      'Tis all forgotten, my dear, don't worry your darling self about it a bit!!!!

      I totally understand, my dear, I feel the same way myself ofttimes.
      THAT'S SO SWEET but I'm afraid I shan't get much better about posting; I've got a busy summer ahead! Hahaha the grey hairs are seeming more likely at this point--but wait, don't take that to mean it isn't a whole ton of fun too! I love it so much and it's so much fun, it's just the TIME!!!

      And AWW THANK YOU!!

      Thanks so much for your comment, Esther dear! Your comments make my day!

      Delete
  7. So glad to see you back Rae! Your presence was sorely missed!

    I'm new to your blog, but I think I read through all your old posts in probably three days!:D You are hilarious!
    Can't wait to read more! (But by all means being busy is totally understandable so don't stress!;))
    ~Miss Woodhouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWW thank you so much for your sweet and awesome comment, Miss Woodhouse!! I am following your blog immediately, I just looked at it. Though a fair warning is due, I rarely have time to comment on the many blogs I follow, but I shall do my best!!
      Thanks so much, Miss Woodhouse!!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for following me Rae! Your comments were so sweet!

      I have a huge favor to ask you. I LOVED your "My Face When" posts, and I would like to do one of my own if that's ok with you? I totally understand if you say no, just thought I'd ask.

      Thank you again!

      Delete
    3. Oh my goodness, of course you can; I hardly feel I "own" the idea or anything! So totally do, I LOVE to see other people's MFW posts!!

      Delete
    4. Thank you Rae! Can't wait to get to work on it!

      Delete
  8. I so thought I commented on this post! I am so sorry this is so late!

    I was just reading along agreeing, "Yes, that is Rae!" "She is so Rae" etc. Then I got the the last character and I burst out laughing!!! The way you had been building it up, then, boom! Oh Rae, when I read that it made my day!!!

    I love showtunes, Disney songs (some of them) and classical music! We are so alike!!!

    I love that picture you took, have I ever mentioned that I love your photos?

    Have a lovely day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I'm so glad you enjoyed that! Honestly I couldn't come up with anyone else so I chose her. :p I'm so glad you found it amusing; I had fun coming up with that. :D

      Yay! *high fives*

      Aww thank you so much!!!

      Thanks so much for your comment!!!

      Delete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I highly enjoy each comment! Just keep it clean and respectful. I do moderate, but as long as it's clean and respectful I should publish it within a short amount of time. Thank you!
Be sure to click "Notify Me" in the bottom-right corner of the comment box; I always reply to comments!
(I also do not mind comments on old posts at all! They are welcome!)