Monday, December 12, 2016

A Very Merry Tag

Hello, lovely readers!
It's finals week.
Why am I writing a blog post?
It's finals week!!!
Well.
Actually, finals aren't too bad for me...only one is cumulative, I've finished one, one is going to be pretty okay, and the other is an English paper...easy. ;)


A Very Merry Tag


Does it snow where you live around Christmas? (If it doesn't, you have my sincere sympathy.) How much? Any special snowy Christmas stories?
-*Sigh* No. No snow for Christmas. I can remember once having snow for Christmas...several years ago. Hold on, Anne has a good quote about "green Christmases"...or maybe it was Pat, but I think it was Anne...(readers roll their eyes at Rae's always finding some way to tie L. M. Montgomery in as Rae tries to find the quote) *Rae returns, sighing some more* 
'Twas Phillipa Gordon...in Anne of the Island. I was close. Anyway, here is the quote:
"I was so afraid we’d have a green Christmas and I loathe them. You know, when Christmas is a dirty grayey-browney affair, looking as if it had been left over a hundred years ago and had been in soak ever since, it is called a GREEN Christmas! Don’t ask me why. As Lord Dundreary says, ‘there are thome thingth no fellow can underthtand.’"
Of course, Phil got her white Christmas...but I have had a "green Christmas" for the past several years.

Do you get a real tree or a fake tree?
-Fake...due largely to my mother. We did have a real tree one year though...

What is your favorite Christmas movie?
-Mr. Kreuger's Christmas...Anna and Cordy? ;)

Where in the world would you like to spend Christmas the most?
-Well...I GET MY WISH THIS YEAR! Probably. To be imprecise, with my best friend.

What fictional/literary character would you most like to spend Christmas with?
-I'm going to go with Emma and Mr. Knightley and Mr. John Knightley and Mr. Weston and Mrs. Weston...Umm...You know that Christmas in Emma when Isabella and John and their family come visit? Yeah.
(Pretty sure this scene is during that visit somewhere...Mr. Knightley has baby Emma...)

What is your favorite Christmas song?
-Favourite? I have to pick one? Ummm...I love O Come, O Come, Emmanuel.

What is your favorite Christmas book/story (besides, ya know, the story)?
-Abbbyyyyyyy...Your questions are too hard. ;) 
I adore the Christmas scenes in Little Women (the book). The first Christmas where they take their breakfast to the Hummels and Mr. Laurence gives them breakfast, and the Christmas where their father comes home. I love those.

Which do you prefer: multi-colored lights or white lights?
-I'll agree with all the other answers to this that I've seen...white.

What time period/decade would you most like to spend Christmas in?
-I'm pretty sure someone already said this, can't quite remember who...
Victorian or the 1950's. Christmas from those eras seems divine. Especially the dresses!!!

Which period drama has the best Christmas scene/episode?
-Ooooohhhhh....Hmmm...Well, I think I'll go with all of An Avonlea Christmas. (Haha, can I pick an entire movie? If not...) Especially the ending. Makes my cry...and I don't cry over movies.
(Yeah, so Kevin Sullivan made it all up and everything...but he didn't name it after a Montgomery book and yes, he stole the characters' names from The Story Girl and The Golden Road but I can manage not to think about it... :)


Well. I have successfully procrastinated editing my English final paper for a good 20 minutes (and that's just doing this...I've already texted my friend, browsed Pinterest, etc.)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
Here's a lovely quote about what Christmas is all about:
Isn't that beautiful?

And OH, MY BLOGIVERSARY WAS THREE DAYS AGO AND I TOTALLY MISSED IT BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WAS THE 14TH. SHAME ON ME.
So...no One Year Blogiversary post!!! I'm so disappointed in myself!!! I fully intended to do one!!!
Rae, Rae, Rae.
*Rae shakes her head and "tsk"s*

We shall see about doing a belated one...but it's not likely. I'll just tie it in here...:
SO WISH ME A HAPPY BELATED BLOGIVERSARY, FRIENDS. I'VE BEEN BLOGGING FOR (over) ONE YEAR!!!
(And I still haven't learned Naomi's valuable lesson about using too many capital letters...*shakes head again*)
YAY!!!
It's been a wonderful year. I'm so glad to have met all of you, etc., etc.... :)

Well. A few more minutes of procrastination. 

Have a WONDERFUL Christmas/holiday season!!!

10 comments:

  1. Hahaha I don't listen to my own advice on the Cap's either. :-P HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY NUMBER ONE! Here's to many more. I'm so glad I found your blog. :-)

    Lovely answers too... and nice Christmas tree. (Good luck with exams!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. It's difficult when excited, isn't it? :)
      THANK YOU! I certainly hope to have many more. I'm so glad I found your blog, too...
      Thanks! To all of that last line. :)

      Delete
  2. 3. YES!!! Love that movie!!! It's so very sweet. Great choice!

    8. White lights, ALL THE WAY.

    I really like the questions from this tag. If I can scrape some time together, I might just fill it out. *whispers* But I wouldn't count on it.

    HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! Thanks. :)

      Definitely.

      Yeah, I didn't really have the time for this...like I said, I was procrastinating. Haha.

      THANK YOU!!!

      Delete
  3. Gah, finals week! I've heard so much about it, and I'm shaking in my shoes for next year! Good luck!
    Aw, that's too bad about a "green" Christmas! Maybe this year will be very special?
    Hehe, I know, my questions are wickedly difficult, aren't they? ;) But I totally agree, those scenes in Little Women are so hearwarming!
    Yes, a whole movie is ok. :) I'll have to see it sometime!
    And Happy Blogiversary, Rae! Congratulations!! And thanks so much for filling out the tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ehhh...It's really not as bad as it sounds. At least for me it wasn't. :)
      Yeah...Well, I shall probably have a white Christmas where I'm travelling this year, so that is nice!
      Haha, yes...Nice job. :)
      Oh, good. It's a perfectly darling movie.
      Thank you so much!!! You're welcome. It was too lovely not to, you know? :)

      Delete
  4. That's a very good point about a "green" Christmas. And way to get a reference to L.M. Montgomery in there. (Heehee. Leave it to Rae to manage that. ;))

    Oh, yes! The Knightleys and Woodhouses would be excellent people to spend Christmas with. I quite agree. :)

    Everyone's choosing white lights are they? Well then, I guess I'll be different on this one. We've always had colored lights on our tree, so while I agree that white lights are very pretty, colored lights really are the real thing. ;)

    One year of blogging? Eeeek! CONGRATULATIONS, RAE! I'm so glad to have met you, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? :)

      Glad you agree!

      I love colored lights, too. :)

      THANK YOU, Miss March!!! I'm SOO happy to have met you, especially!

      Delete
  5. Love how you tied in the Anne quote about green Christmases. ;)
    Aww, Mr Kreuger's Christmas! That's such a sweet movie. I watched it for the first time recently and loved it.
    Oh, I love that Christmas scene in Emma! :)

    I loved reading your answers, Rae, and happy blogiversary!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)
      It is so sweet!
      Yes!

      Thanks so much, Molly!

      Delete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I highly enjoy each comment! Just keep it clean and respectful. I do moderate, but as long as it's clean and respectful I should publish it within a short amount of time. Thank you!
Be sure to click "Notify Me" in the bottom-right corner of the comment box; I always reply to comments!
(I also do not mind comments on old posts at all! They are welcome!)