Friday, October 7, 2016

Anne of Green Gables Week Kickoff Tag!!!!!!



YAY!!!!!!! I'm so excited. Here are my answers to her kickoff tag!!!

1. How did you get introduced to Anne of Green Gables?
-I was about seven, and my mom suggested that I read the Great Illustrated Classics version of Anne of Green Gables. I loved it, and wanted to read the whole thing! So I did (and by the way, now I think the GIC version is terrible; I re-read it a few years ago) and I loved it even more! I read the rest of the series as soon as possible.

2. Are you more like Anne or Diana? Why?
-I think I'm more like Anne. I like to write, I have a vivid imagination, and I am ambitious. And I love Gilbert. Haha. :)

3. If Rachel Lynde called your hair as red as carrots, how would you react?
-I've wanted red hair ever since I first read Anne of Green Gables...but if I were in Anne's shoes, I'd probably react the way she did.

4. Gilbert or Morgan Harris? 
-Waaait a second...MORGAN HARRIS? Are you SERIOUS? (No offense, dear.) Morgan Harris is NOT REAL. (As in, yes, Anne Shirley is.) Kevin Sullivan made that (insert favourite insult here) up. Did you mean ROY GARDINER?
Ahem.
Gilbert.

5. Honest opinion on the third Anne film. 
-It's horrible. Absolutely dreadful, and it's a direct insult to L. M. Montgomery. For one thing, of course we know L. M. Montgomery continued Anne's story with other books! Why on earth would Kevin Sullivan need to make it up himself? Did he even know about Montgomery's other books? Huh? But besides that, it was just dreadful anyway. What was with that horrid editor guy? And the whole WWI deal, which we know didn't happen in Anne's life until she was in her 40's. Uggghhhh. I HATED it.

6. Have you seen the new Anne film?
-Nope. Don't think I want to; I've seen the trailer.

7. What in your own words is a Kindred Spirit?
-Someone to whom I can really relate. Someone who shares a lot of common interests. Someone I can talk to, and be silent with. Someone who understands me.

8. Movie Gilbert or Green Gables Fables Gilbert?
-Umm...I was impressed by how good GGF's Gilbert was, but I love this guy the most.

9. Does anyone know where we can watch Road to Avonlea online?
-Nope. 

10. Favourite book cover?

11. The films or the books?
-THE BOOKS. ALWAYS AND FOREVER. (Confession: I don't love the movies, like, at all. I like the first one well enough, but...)

This was fun, Miss Evie! Thanks!

11 comments:

  1. I agree, the books are better than the movies. I do love the first movie a lot, though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading your answers! I totally agree; as much as I love the movies, even with their flaws, I'll always love the books a thousand times more. And that gif of Gilbert is so adorable! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so I can't remember if I commented already or not. I know I started to, but then I think I decided to comment later. So anyway, hopefully I haven't completely lost my mind and sent you two comments on the same post! Haha! :)

    First off! Your answer to no. 2! I loved your little tag at the end, "And I love Gilbert. Haha." That was great. And that picture you included made it perfect! :D

    5. I didn't like it either. Just. Bleh.

    7. "Someone I can talk to, and be silent with. Someone who understands me. " Yes, yes, yes!!

    8. Awwww. GILBERT! I love him!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no, you didn't already comment. :) I do that too... :)

      THANK you for your comment! I'm glad you agree with me.

      Delete
  4. I haven't seen the movies...but the books are such classics I don't think the movies could live up to them. So I'm not plannin on seeing them anytime soon :P

    I nominated you for the blogger recognition rewards by the way. Don't feel pressured, but if you'd like to, details are on my blog :)

    ~Iris
    http://getupandoutblog.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! That's not a bad choice. :)

      Thanks so much! I'll definitely check it out!

      Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  5. I don't know how I missed this but I'm glad I came looking for it. So many revelations about Rae in this post. For example, YOU DON'T LIKE THE MOVIES?? Any of them? I TOTALLY understand your hating the third movie but I really LOVE the other two. Hahaha.

    Have you ever seen Road to Avonlea by chance?

    Your answer for #2 with the gif is perfect by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I like the first one. I just don't love it.
      But I used to love them (eh, I'm not sure if I'm helping anything by saying this, but...) and I've seen the first one, like, 6 times and the second one 2 or 3! I just...like the books a lot better, and the inaccuracies in the second one are just too numerous. BUT anyway, we can disagree.
      No, I haven't seen it...but I have read The Story Girl and The Golden Road, upon which it was based. :)
      Thank you! ;)
      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  6. I remember how my harp teacher, a fellow redhead and Anne of Green Gables devotee, and I discussed the Anne movies. In he words: "Basically, the third movie has nothing whatsoever to do with the books. Gilbert goes missing during WWI, Anne signs on as a nurse and goes gallivanting all over Europe looking for him. And the most frustrating thing is: she finds him AND HE DOESN'T SEE HER!"
    And yes, Morgan Harris is an embarrassment to Anne-Land.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I highly enjoy each comment! Just keep it clean and respectful. I do moderate, but as long as it's clean and respectful I should publish it within a short amount of time. Thank you!
Be sure to click "Notify Me" in the bottom-right corner of the comment box; I always reply to comments!
(I also do not mind comments on old posts at all! They are welcome!)