Sunday, December 13, 2015

What Shall We Give as Christmas Presents to Invite Jesus' Christmas Presence?

Well, first of all--I love puns and this is a great one. I guess that shouldn't be "first of all" but now I can get into the real message.
This says, "Seek the best Christmas Presence. This year, instead of getting all wrapped up [another great pun...Mormonads are full of them...] in unimportant things, invite the Savior into your celebration." (See Isaiah 9:6)
How can we invite the Saviour into the celebration? What can we do to have Christ be a constant part of our Christmas season?
How can we make our Chrismas presents invite His Christmas Presence?
What shall we give to Him?
Which brings me to my favourite Christmas video ever..."What Shall We Give?", a music video from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
Why do I love this video? (Well, isn't it obvious? It's great!) I think the first reason is that it reminds me of my dad. Everything these men and boys do in this video is something my dad would do. He would stop and help anyone...even if he were running late. :) And what is important about this? Service is our gift to the Saviour. If we serve others, we are serving Him. And that is what we can give to Jesus Christ this Christmas season. We can serve our brothers and sisters--His children. By doing that, we serve him; thus inviting His Christmas Presence.
"And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."
-Matthew 25:40

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I highly enjoy each comment! Just keep it clean and respectful. I do moderate, but as long as it's clean and respectful I should publish it within a short amount of time. Thank you!
Be sure to click "Notify Me" in the bottom-right corner of the comment box; I always reply to comments!
(I also do not mind comments on old posts at all! They are welcome!)