Saturday, February 6, 2016

German Chocolate Butterfinger Cake

Something new for this blog--a recipe. I made this delicious cake for my sister's 13th birthday. 
It's a german chocolate cake with cocoanut-pecan frosting in between the layers and it has whipped topping spread over the whole thing and crushed Butterfingers on top. 
What's not to love?

Ingredients:
Ingredients for cake only from this recipe from Taste of Home.
1 can of Coconut Pecan frosting (also known as German Chocolate frosting) -or-homemade frosting from above recipe
1 8-oz. container of whipped topping (Cool Whip)
4-6 Fun Size Butterfingers

Directions:
Make cakes according to Taste of Home recipe. Let cool slightly, for about 15-45 minutes. Place first cake on serving tray, spread with 1/3-1/2 of Frosting. Place another cake on top, spread with another 1/3-1/2 frosting, as desired. Place the third layer on top and then refrigerate/freeze until completely cool. Spread whipped topping over entire cake. Crush desired amount of Butterfingers and sprinkle on top of the cake. Enjoy this fabulous cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I highly enjoy each comment! Just keep it clean and respectful. I do moderate, but as long as it's clean and respectful I should publish it within a short amount of time. Thank you!
Be sure to click "Notify Me" in the bottom-right corner of the comment box; I always reply to comments!
(I also do not mind comments on old posts at all! They are welcome!)