Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Press Forward

“Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life” (2 Nephi 31: 20, underlines and "boldness" added) 
 What a marvellous theme for the Youth of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It's a perfect mixture of encouragement, counsel, and wisdom and at the same time it's a commandment--with a promise. I love it. It's a great scripture to have as a theme this year--and for our lives.
  I have yet to fully ponder what this means to me in my life. But certain things in this scripture stand out to me:
-Press forward with a steadfastness in Christ. Steadfastness. "Resolutely or dutifully firm and unwavering" (Oxford English Dictionary definition). Firm. Unwavering. This is so important for us Youth. It's so easy to waver in the world today. So many voices telling us to lean slightly away from uprightness. But the important thing is in whom our steadfastness is: Jesus Christ. Steadfastness in Christ. If our faith, energy, heart, might, mind, and strength are all steadfast in Christ, that means all our decisions are based upon Jesus Christ. Our thoughts, words, and actions are all steadfast in Christ. Vital. 
-Having a perfect brightness of hope. We must hope perfectly. With perfect brightness. Our hope must not be dim.
-A love of God and of all men. This one is hard for me. There are just a couple of people of whom I say, "I hate [him/her]!" I find it hard to find any love for them. At all. I think this can be something for me to work on. :) 
If we do all the things listed in this scripture, and if we press forward steadfastly in doing these things, we shall have eternal life! What a great reward for this! It is worth it!
Visit this website to see more about this year's theme on Youth.LDS.org, including this year's theme song!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I highly enjoy each comment! Just keep it clean and respectful. I do moderate, but as long as it's clean and respectful I should publish it within a short amount of time. Thank you!
Be sure to click "Notify Me" in the bottom-right corner of the comment box; I always reply to comments!
(I also do not mind comments on old posts at all! They are welcome!)